INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, June 02, 2008

Monday - On the Go Day

The rain has cleared up...for now. It feels as if I have 1001 things on my "to do" list and not one time does "rest they foot" appear anywhere on that list. One of these days my flowering plants will actually get planted in my flower garden. With today's weather being what it is, alas the plants had to get pulled in from the back porch and put into the family room- again!

I've got my "Chocolate Dreams quilt on my sewing table, and am in the process of pining the 3 layers (quilt top, batting and quilt back) together. I'm using that huge piece of batting that I had on my top shelf of the armoiré- which reminds me, I'll need to replenish my stash next time there's a sale. Note to self, check Hobby Lobby and see if they are currently having a sale on quilt batting.

I've got my fabric pieces in the dryer for my next project- a table runner that incorporates 18 or more different colors of Kona Cotton fabric. It's all about my Fiesta Dinnerware and paying homage to the Homer Laughlin China Company:-) I've got to cut oodles of 3½x3½ squares for this project and I'm giddy with excitement at the thought of adapting a quilted table runner pattern and making it my own. It's going to be a blast putting this entire thing together from start to finish (or at least I hope it will be).

I'm off to hunt up the kids because I want to get out the door right now.

No comments: