INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, June 27, 2008

Rain- enough is enough!

Yet another rain storm pounds through this part of the country moving on to making other parts of the country even more water logged and miserable. Granted I'm thankful for the "free water" but other communities across the USA are being washed away by the ever rising flood waters.

We have a very green subdivision. Talk about the perfect time for putting in sod- you'd never have to worry about getting a big water bill this year! One thing for sure is that lawn mowers are getting quite the work out around here! Weeds- they're getting a lot of water and if you don't nip them early on, they can get out of control pretty darn quick! Just in the rock and flower bed areas around our home this past week and a half, my family and I have plucked out and filled to the top 3 brown paper bags full of weeds. They grown rather quickly with abundant sunshine and water. I didn't want to become a slave to my garden but these weeds are forcing me to be out there every day plucking them out. If you don't stay on top of them, weeds can take over a garden rather quickly.

No comments: