INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Holy Catfish Batman, that's a lot of water!

This is the creek behind my house- I took this picture this morning about 30 minutes ago. It's now crested and the water is over the banks. The trees are now IN the water and the creek is no longer a creek but a rushing river. We've gotten a lot of rainfall here I mean an awful lot of rain fall. I hope that someone somewhere is bottling all of this up and is saving it for when we go through our next dry spell.

It's rather freaky how it's all or nothing when it comes to weather. Granted we needed the rain but this is too much! I'm finding myself being very concerned for the families who live in homes closer to the creek. I'm hoping that the water level in the creek (now a river) doesn't get any higher or some folks just might have to evacuate their homes.

Do you see those clouds? This area is nowhere near being done with the rainfall. Click on the picture and enlarge it, scroll from side to side to see the creek and how the trees are now in the water. And to think that the forecast calls for rain until the 9th-ugh! Maybe my husband should have bought a boat instead of a Corvette? LOL!

1 comment:

Susan said...

I hate rain! YUCK! Your river is nice, but not for the reason it's there LOL The 9th is ONLY 4 days away.... hang in there. Hubby would have been better suited with a canoe or kayak it would appear. :) Stay safe! We're getting rain here today too. yuck.