INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I love flowers!

The people at Jolly Lane Nursery love me. Why do they love me? Because I have been making them rich! I'm done, or at least I hope that I'm done buying plants for my garden areas. I was able to get a lot done today, weeding all of the flower beds in the front yard (that 6 flower bed areas), re-potted some plants for the front porch, bought more plants PLUS bought the cute little ground cover plants that we admired so much- that will go in tomorrow morning while it's still cool outside.

So I've got about a gazillion flowers planted in the front and back flowers bed areas, some are blooming right now and others have buds that are about to open. I've got all kinds of different flowers and for the most part they all smell good, well with the exception of the Geraniums- those never smell good, they look good but smell rather funky.

Have you ever priced a sun dial? Holy Catfish those babies are not cheap! I looked into it today and was floored at how expensive they are. Now for me to rethink what else I'd like to have go into my garden.

I'm starting to feel better about having another round of my girlfriends moving away and leaving me here.:-( Last year was bad and this year is the same. I'm keeping myself very busy with quilting, scrapbooking, card making and gardening projects and am looking forward to reaping the fruits of my labors. I refuse to let myself feel lost so I keep busy all of the time. I do have to say that I miss my girlfriend Kim the most, I hope that she's not getting too stressed out with the big move to Hawaii. I've not heard from her yet so I'm hoping that no news is good news. Kim if you're reading this please know that you are loved and thought of every day. I even made one of your favorite goodies the other day- fudge filled cheesecake!

No comments: