INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Scrapbooking store in Roseville CA has closed its doors for good

It's official- Mad About Scrapbooks has closed it's doors for good. It breaks my heart to see that store go out of business after 9 years. I loved shopping in that store and it was such a treasure of wonderful displays and merchandise. I had always received excellent customer service while shopping there, and now it's no more :-(

I foresee a moving trend here in the US with a great majority of people being true to their word when it comes to cutting back on what they consider to be indulgence or splurge purchases. With gas prices already being over $4 a gallon in some parts of the country and they are fully expected to be at the $5 mark by the end of summer and we know what comes with that - higher food prices, higher clothing prices, higher everything prices. I see the nation in a whole tightening up it's purse strings and cutting out nonessential purchases, be it trips and vacations to little things like scrapbooking and other crafting supplies. Kids toys and clothes will be something that people won't be buying either. I foresee a trend, I think that a lot of folks will get into checking out thrift shops and garage sales before going to the department stores to make a purchases. I also see a lot of people start vegetable gardens and growing their own produce.

No comments: