INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, June 16, 2008

The Vendors :-)

There were vendors from all over the Dakotas....selling fabrics galore and unique patterns, scissors, rotary cutters, sewing machines, jewelry, big quilting machines, wooden quilt racks and more!



About the quilt racks, granted they were lovely but they were a bit too large in design for my personal taste. I want to have something in an Amish or Mission style but that's just me, these would be nice in just about any home. They were lovely pieces and appropriately priced for the quality of work and the quality of work was very good!




Fabrics- oh my word was there a lot of fabric available at the quilt show! I got VERY excited when I saw that one of the vendors had the batik fabric with the sea turtle design that I've been looking for :-) Oh you can be certain that I made sure to buy 3 yards of it! Who knows when I'll see Sea Turtle Batik fabric here in South Dakota ever again, LOL!




Accessories- Many vendors had unique accessories, fancy schmancy scissors, rotary tools, cutting mats, quilting templates, stationary with quilting themes and more! I bought some Gingher dress makers shears that I had been admiring at my local quilt shop but the vendor had them for $18 less than the local store- go figure! I'm not stupid, I can spot a steal when I see it! You bet I bought them from the vendor! Here's a picture of them :-) Aren't they cute?



I have more scoop on the quilt show to tell you about but some military friends that moved last summer (ones we haven't seen in a year) are coming over to visit...so I'll have to get back to this later!

No comments: