INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Quilting on the brain

So as it is, I went to sleep thinking about my latest ideas for making items for our home office/guest room. Its a red, white and blue theme but what to put in there. What kind of things do I need to have in that room? Some throw pillows, a table runner for the chest of drawers, a quilt for the bed, a wall hanging and a table topper for the side accent table next to the day bed. I want to stay away from the obvious stars and stripes fabrics and just use various red, blue and off white prints. I'm now seeing why quilters amass the "quilting stash"- it's so they can just make anything at a moments notice. I really could have gotten into making that Americana themed Court House Step (that's what the pattern block is called) table runner last night. But alas I don't have enough variety of the kinds of fabrics I need to make that project on hand...I realized that I need to beef up my stash, that I have a very limited selection of the kinds of fabrics I need to be able to just "whip this little project up". I need to purchase more white and cream background prints, red prints and even blue printed fabrics, if I'm ever to get my Americana themed room off the ground!

Now I did see in the magazine where I could buy a kit for this pattern on line , the cost was $45 (before shipping)...the price is a fair one when you consider the amount of fabric used to make the project but I'd much rather pick out my own fabric.

Now to see if my daughter is up and about and get her ready to go out :-) Today is the day to drop off our quilts for the Quilt Show! And I need to pick up a few supplies to create something today- be it a pillow top or a table runner!

No comments: