INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Sewing and Quilting

Crafty Goodness abounds in my house! It's everywhere you look, even in the nooks and crannies! I'm excited that Hannah has changed her mind on wanting a "Beach" themed room. She had what I call a "revelation" of sorts, it happened when she saw what she considers to be the neatest table lamp on the planet. It's wrought iron design lamp that's been painted a pretty shade of yellow, it's got that shabby chic look to it that Hannah just adores! So now...Hannah's room will be done up in a shabby chic French Country look with blues, greens, yellows and off white. My girl even likes Toile fabric, how cool is that? Yes it's safe to say that I'm rather excited about it! I'd much rather do her bedroom up in a French Country theme than a Beach theme any day, especially since we live thousands of miles from the nearest ocean, LOL! This fabric is going to make an excellent French Country design quilt for her bed! Now I also need to design a window treatment as well as a couple of table runners for the dressers currently in her room (one stores crafting supplies as well as our winter hats, gloves and scarves). I have a summer that's simply full of sewing and other around the house projects!

This is what I did with the left over pieces from my quick and simple table runner projects- Place Mats! I've got 6 of these in the works. I managed to complete the hand sewing of the binding last night and am getting ready to work on the 2nd one. The other 4 are at various stages of being pieced together.
Here's the table runner that started it all. It's got the 3 layers pinned together is awaiting being quilted. I adore roses and this pattern just makes it all that more obvious.
I've been waiting for over a month for this- my clear acrylic insert that makes my sewing machine level with the sewing cabinet. The next picture is a close up picture. These are made specially for your brand and model of sewing machine and the brand and style of your sewing table. It's even got a serial number- hows that for snazzy? That there is some pretty cool stuff!


No comments: