INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, June 29, 2008

I've been busy being "creative"

My ankle has decided to cause me some " technical difficulties" (basically it really hurts) which in turn makes it rather painful for me to walk (no matter what kind of shoe I put on my feet) so I decided to sit down and make something...6 somethings later here I am. I've been making cute stuff but am not ready to share what it is or pictures of the items yet. But I can say that I've been having a blast!



I'm assessing Hannah's quilt fabric and now she says she needs a new bed skirt- but wait....she wants me to make her one using some fabric from her quilt. Well I better hurry up and figure out how much I need because the quilt store only gets in 1 bolt of any fabric and that's it! The shop owner doesn't order any more because there's always something else coming out on the market. Quilters are much like scrapbookers- as they always want the latest items, just that it's patterned fabrics and not patterned paper. I've also got to measure the window and make my window treatment plans and figure out which fabrics to use for that- ugh! I saw that Hobby Lobby is having a sale on 54 inch decorator fabric, I wonder if they have a green and cream toile, I think that it's worth checking out. Time to grab a tape measure and my note book...I've got numbers to crunch and I need to design a window treatment. I've got an idea in mind and I can't wait to get the numbers (measurements) done up. I've been asked if I would consider doing this for others for money, I thought about it but am not sure that they would want to pay me what I'm worth. So for now this is something that I do just for me...for my family home. I've decided that when I finish Hannah's quilt top that I'm sending it out to be professionally done, I want to get a large Fleur De Lis put into the center of each of the blocks and some swirly vines in the other areas.
The design I want is like this one you see here. It would be an outline stitch design. Hannah likes the idea as it goes with her French Country theme, our French last name not to mention her French heritage. Her Great Grammy Dorrie (on her Dad's side) was from New Orleans and her Grandpa Lucien from Quebec and was French Canadian.

No comments: