INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, June 06, 2008

Bummed Out on my Birthday

It's my birthday and I feel rather bummed out. Our terrible weather has left so many people leaving their homes and seeking shelter at the Douglas Middle School. My daughter was terrified to find out that one of the mobile home parks had 3 feet of rushing creek waters going through it, it happens to be where one of her close friends lives. Our son was worried about his best friend Drew as he is in another area where ALL of the roads were closed and travel was not allowed. Andrew called his friend but no one answered- I told Andrew that that was a good sign and that Drew and his family had already evacuated.

From the news reports on KOTA (go to this link to read about the water damage) and there's also a video showing some water damage- it's not just a little bit of water in the home featured, it's a lot of water! You can see where there was 8 feet of water in one area of our little town. I'm grateful that we bought this house and not the one we had at first made a bid upon. I feel that God had sent his Angels down from Heaven to watch over us when we decided that we'd buy a home here in Box Elder, South Dakota. You see, part of the back yard in that house has been ravaged by the rain and they are experiencing some serious soil erosion. As a matter of fact at least 2 homes on Rando Court are experiencing serious soil erosion from the recent rain storms.

I checking the weather channel constantly and the news channel is always on so I can catch the latest blurb about what's going on out here. I hope that our break in the weather hangs on until the evening like the weather channel is predicting- I'd really like to use the grill today to cook my birthday kabobs. Sounds selfish I know, but there it is.

No comments: