INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, June 30, 2008

What? That's just plain wrong!

Today is one of those days that leaves me saying "What? That's just plain wrong!" Little did I know that it would soon become the catch phrase of my day.

Okay, the finger has a fracture but no splint because it's the middle finger and they wanted to bind my entire hand- no thanks! I wouldn't even be able to wash my hair let alone brush my teeth, type or hold a fork. So there's my first "What?..."

Then there's my diamond inspection...oh I'm ill. My lovely engagement ring diamond is chipped and the prongs need to be replaced. Not a problem, I've been keeping up on my ring inspections all these years. The sales manager shows me where the damage is, now it's up to me- so, do I let them have it and send it in for replacement? It'll be gone for up to 6 weeks. Yes, I let them take it but it was hard for me to let it go. Lucien upgraded my engagement ring to a full carat 13 years ago for our 5 year wedding anniversary and now I find myself hoping to have it back in time for our 18th anniversary. So then I'm told that I'll have to pay for the new prongs as they aren't covered, how strange is that? Second and third "What?...", at least I got to come home with my anniversary band. My hand feels naked.

I'm off to the Sewing Center to use my $40 store credit. I needed to feel good about something today and I thought that this would be the thing/place to make me smile. I love shopping in the store, they've got all kinds of nice little things there- pattern books, every kind of sewing deedle-bob you could imagine, every kind of cool thread ever made and more! I came to get some thread in a particular color and while there I thought that I'd get some more bobbins and I wanted to look at getting a special kind of darning foot for my sewing machine. While there I see something from the corner of my eye- it's my old sewing machine (the one that died on me the day before Thanks Giving), it's for sale the price tag on it says $70. I felt this strange feeling wash over me, I suddenly felt conned and out and out lied to by the store owner as what he said came rushing back to me "oh I won't be able to use it for anything, maybe the screws will be of some use but the machine is unrepairable" and after I asked several times what will he give me for the machine and all of the sewing feet (because I knew that he could sell them and get some $$ for them), he reluctantly gave me a $5 store credit. I gave him ALL of the sewing feet, even the fancy ones that I bought because I thought that he would give me a store credit for more than $5 because he said that he could sell those. And now he has my old machine repaired and is selling it for $70,selling the fancy sewing feet as extras making money off of them too. It's nothing but gravy for him! Yes that was my fourth "What?..." of the day. I'm fine with him making a few dollars but lets not lie to your customers and try to get something that was obviously of some value to you and act as if your were taking it off of their hands and put on such an act as if you're taking out stinky trash- that's just plain wrong! Will I still shop there? Yes, but I can tell you that I'd most likely NOT ever buy a sewing machine from them.

So at the end of the day I find myself feeling a bit lost. I know that I'll feel better by tomorrow but now for the moment, I'm feeling a little heavy hearted.

No comments: