INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

New toy and some thread

This is a picture of Robison-Anton thread- wow is this ever some nice thread to sew with too! None of that "fuzz" thing happening here when I sew with this brand! It comes in 500 yard spools and 3000 yard spools and is a very good value for the money- 500 yard spools retail for $3.75 and the 3000 yard spools retail for $11.95. I just bought my first 3000 yard spool of this thread- it was a HUGE savings, as compared to the cost of buying 6 spools of the 500 yard spools. If you do a lot of sewing or quilting in any one particular color, it's really worth it to get the jumbo spool of thread! This is not serger thread, this is actual quilters cotton thread, I wouldn't think of using serger thread in my sewing machine as it's not meant for use in a "sewing" machine. This little gem is a large spool thread holder, it has a metal base (there are other brands that have a plastic base and look very similar to this one) and will holder my large spool of my 100% cotton quilting thread from Robison-Anton. I have a little thread guide attachment for my Janome sewing machine that makes guiding the thread from the large spindle a breeze! I'll have to take a picture of it and post it so you can see what I'm talking about.


No comments: