INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Wildlife

We live in an area of urban development, and every day we're reminded that this used to be grassland with animals of all types. From the rattlesnake on our neighbors front porch, to the deer in our front yard to this picture or a mother deer and her fawn in my neighbors backyard right -behind our fenced in backyard. I first saw them up by the neighbors jacuzzi and ran to get my camera. So there I am on our back deck in my pink nightgown taking pictures of this doe and her fawn. She got tired of nibbling on the sod and went over and starting eating the leaves off of the little trees- eek! The fawn was running circles around her and I mean that in the literal sense. The little thing was springing and jumping all over the places and running circles around it's mother, it was really neat to see that kind of interaction with wild animals in real life rather than on TV. And to think that I got to watch it in my jammies on my deck with a cup of coffee in my hands- not a bad way to start ones day that's for sure! Oh and here you see the baby eating the tender new blades of grass newly spouted from seed, somehow I don't think that my neighbors will see the cuteness of this scene when they see the damage the deer have done- oops! They're already had birds nesting inside of their grill, and they didn't seem to happy about that.


2 comments:

Aleta said...

Hi -
I love wildlife and enjoy your deer and fawn picture. I feel sad that wildlife habitat is being taken over by development, but that's the way it is in this modern world!
I see you like stitchery (cross stitching, embroidery, some quilting, crafting by machine, punch needle, etc.) and I do too. I don't do scrapbooking. I like your blog.

Sandie said...

thanks! I like to think of myself as a jack of all trades kind of gal, LOL!