INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, July 18, 2008

Saving Gas and time by shopping at home

I've recently gotten back into shopping online. I've gotten tired of wasting my time and gas of driving all over town only to be disappointed by not finding what I want or worse yet finding what I want but to have it cost 30% or more than it would have by buying it from an on line source and of course adding in my time and wasted gas the price of the items goes up even more. It makes shopping on line even more alluring because you can do it from home in your jammies. Then there's the added bonus of my items being delivered to my door or to my mail box, now that's what I call convenience!

A few days ago I had ordered some thread from an online source and it arrived yesterday- the timing was perfect, as I had just begun to take on a new sewing project. I was able to get the thread for much less than it would have cost me locally not to mention that I was able to get it in colors that the local store did not carry and better yet- I didn't have to listen to yet another poke from the store owner "Hey Sandie when are you going to trade up that Janome for a Bernina?" That just bugs the carp of out of me! I bought sewing machine needles and saved nearly 50% from shopping locally and I bought bobbins from the same online store too and I saved a TON of money! For what would have cost me to buy 19 bobbins locally @ 45¢ each I was able to buy 50 bobbins on line costing me a mere 16¢ each and my shipping was a whopping $2.50 - got to be liking that deal! They arrived and are in perfect condition. Take your time and shop around. I'm usually one to promote shopping locally, but there are times when you must resort to shopping on line. Soaring gas prices at the pump and long lines at the check out stand have me staying at home waiting for the mailman and the UPS guy :-)

No comments: