INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, July 21, 2008

Our evening...

Last evening a series of events took place which makes my quote of the day very appropriate.

Our boy who is now 16 had not called AT ALL, I was getting more and more worried by the hour. We finally tracked down all of his friends through the cell phone bill- love giving that kid a cell phone! I'm going to add that parent tracker thing to it next (no joke). He decided to stay camping yet another day- words to our son-Hello it would be nice to let us your parents know of your plans instead of springing them on us at the last minute. I wanted to make him come home but my husband let him camp out another night with his friends. Our boy is growing up- I'm not sure if I'm ready for that.

Our neighbor Cindy called and asked my husband is he could come over- you see there was a snake curled up on her front porch. She didn't know if it was a Garter Snake or a Rattle Snake. Um guess what, it was a Rattle Snake. While my husband went back home to get a powerful flashlight to see this thing another neighbor out on a bike ride with his son stopped by to see what was up- he went to look at the snake, poked it with a stick and really got the thing rattling, that snake was angry! Cindy asked who to call and in our little town everything goes through the police department. The police came and they killed the snake by using a shovel to cut off it's head. I'm afraid that poor Cindy probably was unable to get any sleep last night. This is just another example of what happens when you build houses in areas that used to be cow pasture, animals (all kinds) used to have these lands and now houses are here. It's a wake up call saying "watch where you step", especially in the summer months.

I'm reading the news last night as I always do only to discover that a B-52 crashed off of Guam. Since we still have many friends flying that Air Craft, my heart instantly sank. I'm hoping and praying that all of the crew members are found and are alive.

I'm hoping that today will be a calm and relaxing day- nothing to have me worried out of my socks or that will give me ulcers. I pray each day that the Lord will watch over our Service Men and Women and bring them all safely home to their loved ones.


No comments: