INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy Independence Day

It's July 4th- are you going somewhere to watch fire works? We're going to pass on it this year. We went to Mount Rushmore last year and although the fireworks display was fantastic and we had a fantastic guest with us- the thousands of people in the same area made me feel rather uncomfortable. I'm happy to report that we'll be at home this year grilling various kinds of meats on the barbie and for my own personal tastes lots of yummy veggies and my own little veggie burger, LOL! We'll be hanging out at home, washing cars, weeding flower beds, watering plants and other American past times, LOL!

Yesterday evening as we were out in our driveway my husband and I saw a B-2 bomber flying overhead- not an every day site that's for sure. It was obvious to us that it was on its way up to Mount Rushmore for the "fly by". What a neat thing that was to see and from the very comfortable vantage point of our own home :-)

2 comments:

Gabrielle said...

Happy 4th!

We are home too this year. We will watch the many shows from our backyard. And NO traffic!

My DH would have been so excited to see the B2 overhead, that's his aircraft! :)

Sandie said...

really? That is so cool! Finally someone who knows what a B-2 is, LOL! I've been getting tired of explaining to people what this fixed wing aircraft looks like, LOL!