INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, July 11, 2008

Boy oh boy is it ever windy windy windy!

My daughter says it best ... "Here on the prairie the wind really blows!"

You can forget having a decent looking hair-do, it's just not going to happen out here. I have my hair pinned up today, I refuse to fight with it (it's a battle that I would not win). I see that yet another garden flag is on it's way to Nebraska courtesy of the ever present prairie wind! The wind is carrying something as I can't go out of doors without my nose running like I left the bathroom faucet turned on, LOL! I've got a pounding head ache and I feel as if my eyes are going to fall out of my head. Allergies- it's when you feel like crap when there's nothing really wrong with your body. So here I am, feeling like crap looking out the window and seeing "stuff" blowing past my house...grill covers, swimming pool toys, garden flags, empty cardboard boxes and of course tumble weeds. I'm not about to chase down any of it! Our hose cart (for our garden hose) was down the street in the neighbors front yard- okay so I did retrieve that. But I'm staying inside for the rest of the day. I feel miserable and my nose is getting chaffed from blowing it so much. I think that it's time for me to have a glass of iced tea, kick my feet up and to just relax with a book. Who's with me on this?

No comments: