INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Simply Charming

I started on this charm quilt last month and here I am ready for the next step- cutting it apart and realigning it to look as if I had sewn the entire thing "on point". The pattern is called "Chock Full of Charms" comes from the Straight to the Point Series of quilts by Quilt Woman, click on the links to see more designs from that company. The straight to the point series of patterns makes it easy for beginner quilters (and I do consider myself a beginner) to make beautiful on point quilts without the the hassles of setting up triangles and such.


Here it is "after" I cut it apart into 3 sections, realigned it and sewed it all back together. This is only the 4 time I've ever done a project like this (cut apart and sew back together) and the first time I've done it with this particular pattern. It's neat how you turn the 3 sections/cut quilt pieces and realign them, I look forward to doing this again! Now for the inner and outer borders, the binding and of course the backing. I need to decide what fabrics I'm going to use to make those items.
Once finished this will go in our guest room/home office. I've yet to make the throw pillows and the table runner for the dresser. Once I decide on a design those will go fast -okay so it's more like "I hope" it'll be a quick project, LOL!

No comments: