INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Lazy days of Summer

It's yet another rainy morning, actually it looks very much like yesterday morning did. You can hear the train blowing it's horn in the distance and the birds are just now starting to chirp. Doesn't much feel like a day in summer, it's the rain that makes it feel like that. So far our kids have only had 1 maybe 2 days where they were able to enjoy our family pass at the outdoor swimming pool on base.

Looks like our good friends Cindy and Allen are going to be moving sooner than anticipated (this fall or winter as to a 2009 summer move). My heart is saddened by this news, but happy that I've had the opportunity to get to know and become good friends with such wonderful people. With e-mail and cell phone plans, we can still keep in touch. Personally speaking- I like to use snail mail, I still send oodles of cards and letters via USPS. There's something about getting a lovely card in the mail from a friend, it's as if you're holding a piece of them in your hand (yes I'm a hopeless romantic when it comes to that sort of thing).

I'm off to work on some stuff here in my home- changing out window valances in the foyer to something that feels more like summer (to me anyway). With help from my daughter Hannah, I changed the valance in the kitchen yesterday- from the formal looking double tiered stripe valance to one a little less formal and a lot more fun! It's a chicken and rooster theme, what can I say- the valance makes me smile. I want to get with it and finish decorating the top of the 4th cabinet area in my kitchen. I gave up after doing the other 3, actually it was more like I ran out of ideas for it. But I've got a whole new idea for it now and am ready to get it going on today! Be prepared for a an ear to ear grin and maybe even a chuckle or two. Each little area has it's own theme and all of them are around the kitchen and cooking. This one is a more about the food than the dishes we serve from and eat from, cookware and cooking utensils that help to prepare it. You'll just have to wait and see! I've got a corny sense of humor and today it's going to be present in my kitchen.

1 comment:

Gabrielle said...

It's so hard isn't it? We have 2 more years and are hoping and praying to stay in CA. DH wishes to go back to AK but I am perfectly happy here! :)