INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Home...

It's where your favorite pillows are! We're back home after a couple of days of summer time fun! The down side to driving is the hours spent on the road but I do have to say that the traffic was pretty light considering how far we were traveling (11 hours road time there and 11 hours back). Vacations are usually over before they really get a chance to begin, that's how I felt with this one.

I come back home to find out that my girlfriend Molly gave birth to her twins a bit early (8 weeks early). She gave birth to a boy they named Dean and a girl they named Sophie and they are both pretty tiny. Dean was a whopping 4 lb 1 oz and Sophie 2 lbs 12 oz. Obviously they will be in the nicu for quite some time. But the e-mails I've gotten tell me that they are growing and developing. Please keep Molly, John and their babies in your thoughts and prayers.

Also upon our return we find out that our friends Allen and Cindy are moving to Langley AFB, VA. That was our last assignment (I loved that place and would have loved to retire there). I'm really going to be lonely this fall with all of my close girlfriends having moved away. I hope that their house sells quickly and that they asking price for their house, it's a lovely home with a huge yard. I hope that the folks who buy it also have kids the sames ages as mine and it would be nice to have a boy the same age as our son and a daughter the same age as ours too...is that asking too much? Kids older and younger are fine too but can we get some my kids ages please??? I sure hope that God is listening to my request :-)

Now for some tea and to watch Shark TV!

PS-Cindy is you happen to be reading, I didn't forget...Happy Birthday!




No comments: