INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, July 04, 2008

3 Scrappy Boys - up for sale

Here it is, the official news from my friend and neighbor. This just goes to show you how hard it is being married and having your husband being career military (regardless of rank). My heart goes out to Cindy and Allen, I know how hard it was for them to come to this decision. Deployments and moves, it seems that our lives revolve around them these days, add to it having a successful business, a happy home life and children that are active in many different things- sometimes the choices we have to make in order to keep on top of it all are not easy. I know of what I speak, believe me I do, heck I live it every day. I've condensed the e-mail she sent out, it's below please read.
Store News from Owner Cindy Husted
I hope everyone is enjoying their summer! I can't
believe it will be half over soon!

...

On a sadder note...
Unfortunately, the time has come for 3 Scrappy Boys to be for sale. We have not made this public announcement because up until recently have just been thinking about the idea. My husband who is an officer in the Air Force was told in the last few days that he can be expecting orders possibly this month for a fall or winter move and that we will definitely be moving by next summer. He only has a few more years in his career and this assignment which could be our last, may take us overseas. He is currently in Iraq for his 4th deployment, which if we get orders soon, is going to leave me to prepare for another move by myself. In addition to this, our 3 boys are getting older and more involved in their activities. I also have started a photography business that I plan to continue growing at whatever destination the Air Force sends us to.

3 Scrappy Boys will not be closing! I stress that I love this business as if it were my child and I will not leave it until the right new owner is found. If we do not find a new owner, the business will go with us to our new home and we will continue offering our fantastic kits! This announcement in no way will affect our current relationship with our customers.

Anyone interested in pursuing this transaction may contact me at
info@3scrappyboys.com

I hope everyone has a fantastic and safe 4th of July!
Cindy

1 comment:

Gabrielle said...

So sad to see this happening more and more each day! I'm so sorry to see that this military family is having to sacrafice MORE! Cindy has been wonderful and I'm sure she will find just the right fit for a new owner.