INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Our new Priest

An afternoon spent in the company of friends is a fine thing indeed! What a great time we all had! All of the kids were very entertained, trampoline, the air cushioned jousting area (that was a laugh riot) plus water balloons and squirt gun wars happening all over the place. Huge backyard so kids and parents could spread out and not be on top of one another. The food was great and the company fantastic!

Speaking of good company...I got to talk longer with the new priest for our parish, Father José DelToro- nice man, but a bit lonely right now, good thing he has his weenie dog named "Cigar" to keep him company ( a cute and very well behaved dog). I never thought of Priests being lonely until the other day when Father José said that he was missing his friends from his last assignment (he was there for 4 years). I always thought that they moved from parish to parish making new friends along the way, that it was much like going to be with extended family. I make sure to engage him in conversation every time I've been around him. I've got plans to have a dinner party and have him over as our guest of honor- now to get my ideas together and get an invitation list together and make sure that others can come- it would be horribly boring for him to come to dinner and to dine with the just 4 of us, LOL! But I'm not wanting a huge party like what we went to yesterday, just a smaller group of friends who attend the same parish- so our priest can get to meet some other folks and not just folks who are in the same line of work. Now to get my plans into motion :-)

No comments: