INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Home is where the Art is

I love life, love my friends and love to be in my garden. I'm a passionate person, I don't believe in doing things unless you can put your heart into it. Maybe that's why "crafting" comes so easily to me. I can see color, texture and design and put them all together and have them looking like something.

My friend Cindy and I were chatting about just that kind of thing yesterday - after our meeting with the developer of our subdivision. We both have such similar tastes, you see it in our kitchens, LOL! Although her cabinetry and mine are different colors (mine being red oak and hers a blonde oak) and she has black appliances while mine are stainless there are other things that make them very similar- we have the same Abraham Lincoln quote in our kitchens, the same black granite composite sink, the same brown granite looking counter tops, while her walls are painted brown in the entire kitchen and dining area (it's very striking) here, we've only 1 wall painted brown and it was in the dining area- we will soon both have the same back splash :-) What can I say, great minds think alike. We both looking at doing things to our homes in terms of scrapbooking. Adding color and texture to our homes and wanting our homes to be a restful haven for our families- we might not use those very same words but we think along the same lines. I'll be selfish in saying this- I hope that she and her husband Allen don't move before next summer.

2 comments:

lauriewe said...

So is your quote- most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be- or a different one- I have that one in my laundry room.

Sandie said...

it's more about getting out and living your life being active- not letting life pass you by as you stay inside of your house keeping it clean.