INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, July 14, 2008

What's your talent?

Today's quote is about creativity. I'm a firm believer in that God has given EVERYONE a special and unique talent. That it's putting that talent (or talents) to good use and sharing it with others that makes it a "gift". Don't believe me? Check out my bio over to the right :-) I say this over and over again to my friends and children- God has a hand in everything that we do!

It wasn't until after I was married and while we were stationed at Loring AFB, Maine that I started to get into crafting on any real level. My husband was deployed for the initial war in the gulf, no place was hiring -especially any of us military spouses. So I decided to take a counted cross stitching class at a little shop named "Rainbow Books, Crafts and Gifts" in Caribou Maine. I was in heaven! Oh by the way, I checked and it's still there :-)

Looking back, I see now that I had to slow down and get used to a slower pace in my life in order to be able to bring out my creative side. When I was working all of the time (before marriage and children) I didn't make time to truly relax. I've learned a lot over the years, and I've found what truly gives me inner peace and joy. I'm a busy person, there's no doubt about that one- some things will never change, but I also make time to do things that relax me. By letting my creative side take over once in a while I've found a sense of relaxation and joy that is beyond anything else.

No comments: