INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Learning from your own mistakes-a quick lesson

Today's quote has a lot to do with what I did yesterday. I can look back this morning and laugh at it but I was pretty upset with myself last night when I realized what I had done. You see, I had gotten ahead of myself - I didn't pin the edges of my table runner, thought that I didn't have to since I had only the 3½ inch border to quilt, um that was a mistake! (you need to sing the word mistake like a choir of angels to get the full effect). So there I was grumbling as I had to take apart 2 different areas of free motion quilting all because the backing material folded up over it's self on the back of the table runner- ugh! It took me a while but I got it taken apart and I then proceeded to pin the edges together and finish my project. And since I had a 2nd table runner to finish up and do some free motion quilting on, I made sure to pin all of the edges up before I put it under the machine needle. This is a lesson that I will only teach myself once, LOL!!
Learning from your own mistakes- priceless!

No comments: