INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, July 04, 2008

Having fun on the 4th

How did you spend your Independence Day? Did you mow the yard like my neighbor across the street? I thought that the guy was going to have a heart attack with that push mower of his- it was too darn hot to be out there even on a ride on lawn mower!

Myself, I preferred to stay indoors in air conditioned comfort! I played with my latest little toy- the darning foot attachment for my sewing machine. Holy Guacamole, it should be illegal to have this much fun with a sewing machine! I bought it for free form quilting (that's what makes those cute squiggles). I just dropped the feed dogs and went to town! My husband came out to see what I was doing- I kept saying things like "This is so much fun" and "This is so seriously cool". He had to see what I was doing. And to think that a little $12.50 sewing foot would make me this happy- I can't wait to use the darning foot again! My husband's old boss (The MSG Commander) is retiring from the Air Force next month and I've made her a lap quilt as a going away/retirement gift, something that she can actually use instead of some stupid Mount Rushmore book ends or yet another picture or plaque of Mount Rushmore- ugh!. Renita has a sitting room that she's done up in an oriental decor and I made the lap quilt with fabrics in colors that will go nicely in that room.

No comments: