INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, September 11, 2008

The 7th anniversary of 9/11

My heart is in my throat as I write this. Where were you when the planes crashed into the Twin Towers, the Pentagon and the field in Pennsylvania? It's the 7th anniversary of that tragic day September 11th, 2001. I was home and my husband called, told me to turn on the TV- my heart was in my throat. I cried for 3 days straight. I still can't think about it without crying. Heaven forbid that I watch any of the documentaries that have aired on TV- it breaks my heart, and I can't help but to think of all of those people that died. It makes me an emotional mess, and I feel like I'm reliving that day every time I see some news clip from the planes crashing into the 2nd tower to when the towers came crumbling down with all of those innocent lives trapped inside.

For me, I'm going to try to think of happier times and happy thoughts. Its not that I don't want to, it's that I can't watch anything about that tragic day. It's still a very raw emotion for me, even after 7 years.

No comments: