INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, September 28, 2008

my life...or something like it

I adore that quote by Emily Dickinson, so much so I have it framed and hanging on a wall in my home.

I can't begin to tell you how thrilled I am to have many of the homeowners of our little community step up and volunteer to head up committees and be on our board. I have a treasurer, a secretary (and no they are not the same people) a vice president that actually wants to do something and another person pretty much taking over the architectural committee (look out Ken, LOL), this is FANTASTIC! And beyond that, I've got others volunteering to have meetings in their homes, people that want to help in just about any capacity! WOW! This is what I hoped and prayed for, praise and thanks be to God! I've got people looking into all sorts of things, this is no longer a 2 person thing, it's now become a neighborhood thing! We're even going to have a neighborhood blog and no it's not going to be me doing it, I've got another member of our community volunteering to do this- thank you Lord! Am I sad that that my dear friends Cindy and Allen have moved onto a new assignment? Yes- but as Cindy and I have talked about things and situations that the Lord has put us in always having a reason. My thoughts are thus- Cindy and Allen moving left a rather large gap that needed to be filled, and not by one person but a community. And indeed I feel that the has Lord answered my prayers and more.

When I said a prayer to the Lord the other day I asked him to help me make some new friends as those that I consider my closest of friends have now all moved away. I know that I will have to open myself up once again and let others in, and that's hard for me. I asked the Lord to give me a purpose so as I won't feel heart broken and alone (again). I know that he's answered my prayers. Even with the love/hate relationship that I have with computers, I use e-mail extensively with keeping in touch with friends. My dear friends are everywhere...there's René in Texas, Liz in Florida, Kim in Hawaii, Cindy in VA, Donna in Germany, Barbara in CA and there are many other friends that are scattered all over the USA and abroad like seeds in the wind. Even though they are so very far away, all of them are within a fingers touch. I need to keep reminding myself of this fact a little more often at the moment.

Granted there are moments when I still feel the pangs of loneliness and I miss my dear friends something fierce. But in all I have to say that it's hardest when you're the one left behind. So I'm throwing myself into other projects. Hence donating almost every book we own- minus my collection of cook books Jane Austen, Agatha Christie novels and anything to do with any kind of archaeological findings. Then there's how I'm pairing down my collection of crafting tools and supplies, I'm going as far as to pair down collection of handbags and dishes...and you all know how I love dishes. Now here's something to make you laugh, I've actually given up ONE 9 inch springform pan, LOL! Only a handful of you really know how many I own, me giving up one springform pan is not going to make any kind of dent on the collection of bake-ware I own. Ooh, that sounded like another confession, LOL!

Now to get ready for church...and of course to have some more coffee!

No comments: