INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, September 18, 2008

what I did last night

I went to the OSC function last with hopes of making new friends and to be reacquainted with old friends...well what old friends that haven't PCS'd that is. To my surprise, there wasn't very much mingling going on. Bingo its self went quickly and for the most part folks were excited about the prizes. I didn't buy any tickets for the craft table as every basket was filled with items that I didn't need- here's an example...
there were 2 different baskets filled with scrapbooking supplies and tools. I certainly DON"T need those. A coffee basket filled with the kind of coffee I don't drink and mugs I wouldn't have used. The rest (4 or 5 more large wicker baskets)were filled with wine and wine glasses...and I certainly do not need any more wine glasses! So I paid for my dinner, had a Singh-tini, played bingo, had some dinner conversation and was home just before 9 pm. I brought my camera and I didn't take a single picture. Like I said, people were not mingling. So many new faces too, granted that's a good thing. But I did start to feel a huge gap in age from the rest of the crowd as did many of the other OSC members at my table. You know you're getting old when...LOL!

No comments: