INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, September 12, 2008

Creating the ultimate scrapbook room- paper storage

This is an over view of how I had things stored in My Scrapbook Nook while in our tiny house on base. I'm going to walk you through how I had stored my patterned paper and cardstock....




As in any scrapbooking room, being able to properly store your cardstock and patterned paper without it getting or becoming damaged is a must! Be it a small stash or a gigantic one- you need to have your paper in an easily accessible area. As you see here in this photo, the paper is close to my work surface and in full view so I can see what I'm looking for.



ROYGBIV- There's no better way to organize you card stock other than in rainbow fashion. RoyGBiv is not someones name, it's something we learn in preschool or kindergarten, it's none other than an abbreviation of colors of the rainbow. red-orange-yellow-green-blue-indigo-violet


Here I have used plastic envelopes to hold/store my paper. At the time this was what worked best for me in my little scrapbook nook in base housing. Below you see the accordion style paper keepers. These house my specialty papers such as vellum, transparencies and mulberry paper. The accordion file folders were great for keeping these more delicate items from being damaged.



Here is the 12x12 stacking paper drawers, these were great for me to put cardstock and paper that needed to be filed/put away in their proper place.


Here are the smaller stacking drawer units that house my 8½x11 cardstock. My label maker went into over drive in this room!

By January 2006 I made completely made the transition to this 12x12 paper storage system by Generations. While my old way of storing my paper was fine, it was rather time consuming, as I had to open up the envelopes and thumb through the cardstock. I had several envelopes with the same color families which made it rather tedious when looking for just the right shade of Green, Blue, Red or what ever color. This new system was awesome! I could pull the container out and find what I was looking without having to take everything out of the container.


No comments: