INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, September 15, 2008

random thoughts...

I hate it when I wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep. So here I am surfing the web, reading news on line and drinking mint tea in hopes of getting sleepy. So many things are on my mind...

One thing in particular was a conversation yesterday with a woman from church. In my 18 years of being married to my career Air Force husband, for anyone to open up a conversation with "what rank is your husband?" or "is your husband an officer or enlisted?" sets me off balance. I've found that people who ask that question before they even ask your name are insecure with themselves. It's like they've set up some sort of invisible boundary line and you're not allowed to cross it unless you are exactly the same as they are. How sad. I've never let my husbands rank or duties dictate who I befriend. It saddens my heart to think that this woman for what ever reasons has prejudged me to be a certain way before she's taken any steps in getting to know me all because of my husbands rank. So much for my attempts at making new friends through church yesterday. By the way I never did tell her my husbands rank, just that he was an officer.

I wonder how the OSC function will be on Wednesday. It's a dressed up affair and the theme is "Bingo at Tiffany's". I have a groovy new outfit for this function. I thought about having my hair done up with a tiara to be like Audrey Hepburn but I think that I will pass on it. I feel that it would be a little over the top this time around. I want to wear my hair up but being that my hair so long, it's rather a pain to do it myself. Okay that and I think that I've waited too long to be able to get an appointment on Wednesday afternoon, alas this is what happens when you procrastinate, LOL!

Now for me to get my book and start reading it. I've started reading another Agatha Christie novel and although it's started off rather slow, the more I read, the more I find it to be interesting.

A side note- my e-mail is not connected to this new computer as of yet, so now I have to read it on line-ugh!

No comments: