INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

I love Autumn!

Autumn is my most favorite season of the year! Where you can wear a button up sweater over a short sleeved blouse during the day and a warm cozy pull over sweater in the evening. I miss having Maple and Oak trees in the yard as their leaves always turned brilliant shades of orange, red and purple. But the trees we have in the yard at this house do have color to them. From the Choke Cherry trees that have leaves that are first green then turn to a deep burgundy red and the Russian Olive tree that is first a bright green then the leaves turn to a silvery green as they mature.





The Acorn cakelet pan you see here is from Williams-Sonoma, I think it's the cutest thing next to their Great Pumpkin cake pan. I can't help feeling the way I do about Autumn. Wouldn't it be cute to have these little acorns cakes make from cornmeal and serve them up with a steamy hot bowl of chili with melted cheese on top? M'm I'm in the mood to cook up a batch of chili right now!
The feelings that Autumn gives to me are about making changes, gradual changes in how we feel towards people and situations in life. With this very thought in mind I'm going to change out my valances in my entry way and get ready to welcome Autumn with open arms!



No comments: