INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, September 27, 2008

what's in your closet?

I've been keeping myself rather busy around here. I'm still in the process of purging things in my home. I've sent e-mails to some friends letting them know that I'm selling off my Longaberger dishes. I've not used them in over 5 years and I'd rather see them go to folks I know. But alas if they don't want them then I'll put them up for sale on e-bay. I'm trying very hard to purge things I/we haven't used in quite a while. Those Longaberger items are just another one of those things that have been in storage for what seems to be for forever, so they need to find a new home. And all of my Longaberger dishes are made in the USA where as the ones made in the past few years are made in China.

I came across even MORE books in the storage area of our home. I think that we own enough books to have our own library, or at least a wing in a library. We've had these books in storage forat least 8 years, chances are that they would be in storage for at least 5 more years. With that very though in mind, they're off to find another place to live. Talk about hanging on to soemthing that you just don't use. All of these books are just excess weight when it comes to moving. I'm really trying hard to slim down our household weight.

I'm going to have to make at least more 2 trips to donate all of this stuff. Some will go to the Salvation Army and the other stuff will go to the womens shelter.

So why the big purge? I haven't got any offical news to give at this time but lets just say that I'm preparing our household for a move and leave it at that. Once I get news that I can share I'll post it. Until then, it's purge purge purge!

No comments: