INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

a diamond in the rough

Here's a funny for you- I was in Office Depot yesterday with my son in-between his orthodontic appointments. I needed to get some ink refills for a couple of pens. At the last OSC function that had a craft table -the best way to describe this is that it's like our own little garage sale of sorts where we bring in items and they are sold through a weird process of buying tickets 10 for $5 and we put a ticket in a glass that's placed next to the item we want in hopes that our ticket is drawn-clear as mud right? The money earned from the craft table ticket sales goes to the squadron or group hosting the that months OSC function. Okay back to the OSC function...I ended up "winning" a lovely ink pen, but not just any ink pen, a Waterman ink pen. I already own 2 other Waterman pens, I've had them for at least 10 years. I can tell you that they write ever so smoothly and I love the way they feel in my hand when writing (and I write a lot of letters). Now, I couldn't remember if the newest pen I had was a roller pall or ball point style. So I went to look at the fancy schmancy ink pen display there at Office Depot...that's when I realized that I had a very expensive little prize. The retail price on this puppy put it at over $100 and to think that someone put it on an OSC craft table- sheesh! So in essence my $5 purchase of some tickets for the craft table netted me something that I'm going to cherish for a very long time! I have to say that I know for a fact that my other 2 Waterman pens didn't cost this much combined, LOL!

Thought of the day- don't take anything for granted!

No comments: