INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

reduce your stash

I don't think that there was a color of ribbon or fiber (aka fancy yarn) that I didn't own- well that's changing as of right now! I'm taking my big purge all the way! What do I mean by all the way? I mean I'm purging something of EVERYTHING! I've even purged some of my album stash, all to be donated to to WAVI (a local women's shelter) and the children's ward at the hospital. I feel like such a slug for having accumulated all of this stuff and just letting it sit there for months (or even years) on end without doing something with it. Why do we scrapbookers save paper and embellishments for that "special" layout? Aren't they all special? No this isn't any sort of a revelation for me, it's me saying out loud and in public- Sandie, REDUCE YOUR STASH Girl!!!

I know of many scrapbookers that were very much into the whole hands on feel of working with their supplies that have made the leap over to digital scrapbooking. I do see why others have made the cross over to doing digital layouts exclusively- NO MESS, no stash build up and no paper snippets all over the floor to get tracked throughout your house. The other great thing to going digital- you won't run out of ribbon or Prima flowers in that one color you desperately need to finish your layouts at 2 am, nor will you run out of adhesive or anything else! I bet you're wondering- am I going to be making the switch over to digital scrapbooking? Not yet, but I do have to be honest and tell you that I've got at least a dozen or so digital scrapbooking kits downloaded onto my computer. Now if only I could make myself sit longer at the computer, LOL!

No comments: