INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, September 06, 2008

Every day is a winding road

You wake in the morning with plans for your day to go in one direction and before the end of the day, it's taken a turn here and a twist there and you've ended up somewhere other than you had planned. To be perfectly honest, that happens to me quite frequently. Take yesterday for example....

I didn't set out to gut my son's bedroom yesterday I just set out make his bed and to take out the garbage that has been accumulating in it, LOL! Before I knew it I had rearranged his bedroom furniture, organized his closet and taken 8 empty cardboard boxes from his room and and entire bag of trash. WOW! I emerged 3½ hours later and his room was clean- with the exception of his desk as I couldn't tell what was school work and what wasn't. I'm not used to the mess that teenagers make in their rooms, frankly it drives me bonkers. I did manage to find out where this obnoxious rotting stench (aka bad smell) had been emanating from- a pair of hiking boots was the culprit! What died in my boys boots? Talk about just plain nasty! Those boots are now banned from entering the house! PU! Heaven forbid if my boy was wearing those boots and took them off at a friends house- the stench from those shoes is so bad , that people could think that a sewer main had broken and it would cause a panic and an evacuation!

Is it like this for all parents of teenage sons? Do we all have to suffer through what I'm now referring to as "the pigsty years"? The smell is what really drives me over the edge! I know that girls go through this too- heaven knows that my younger sisters' bedroom was always a total pigsty when she was growing up and it too had a funky smell when you walked into it, LOL! Heck, it's probably a pigsty now. Angie if you're reading this "clean your room"!

This is my confession- I'm horrifically anal about my house not smelling and I've now got those boots sealed in a plastic bag in the garage. They just might find their way to the garbage bin... completely by accident of course ;-)

No comments: