INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, September 05, 2008

the Joy of cooking

There's something to be said for the change of seasons, the rekindling of something warm and wonderful inside of me that makes me want to share it with everyone I meet. The cooler weather has brought something with it- it's brought back to life my joy of cooking and baking! It's hard to be happy and bake something when your kitchen is 80º's when you start, LOL! The cooler weather has me back in the kitchen and chopping veggies with such zeal and excitement that my emotions can only be compared to what it feels like on Christmas Morning.

To be able to create something that I can share with others, well that to me is the ultimate euphoric feeling! For me, cooking is to give something of yourself that gives friends and family a smile and at the same time you can see how that very same thing is filling their souls and their tummies. Okay, so I'm more "into" cooking than any of my girlfriends, I'm okay with that and I'm sure that they are too. We all have talents, it's for each of us to discover what it/them is/are and to share them with others. For only in the sharing of the gift does it become a true blessing from God.

I woke up tired but now am feeling over joyed with the prospect of creating something yummy. Today I'm playing with Pork, you know...the "other" white meat :-) I'm going to look at my lovely pork roast and figure out what to do with it :-) I'll go with where my thoughts take me, all the while taking pictures of what I do to the little piece of pork for a scrapbook layout- what an interesting layout that will make!

No comments: