INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, September 29, 2008

Boycotting made in China products

I'm not one to get on the boycott wagon or even start a boycott for that matter, BUT...the stuff going on (deaths and major recalls) with items made in China these past few years has been over the top. Where do I start? Tainted pet food leading to a loss of life of our furry companions, toxic chemical on kids toys causing a HUGE panic in parents here in the USA, lead based paint used in the manufacture of many children's toys and household goods, the addition of antifreeze- a known toxic chemical causing a huge recall of tooth paste in Canada and parts of the USA and lets not forget the hysterics that THAT caused. Now Cadbury Chocolate is recalling chocolate products that were made in China because of the massive number of illnesses caused by the tainted baby milk. Every time I step through the doors of Hobby Lobby I see another recall poster with a very long list of items being recalled (all made in China). Items from children's Halloween baskets, to Christmas Tree lights, 4th of July picnic items and more. So here's the latest- the 27 nation EU has an ever growing list of countries who've now banned or recalled Chinese dairy products because of contamination. Check out the story here on MSNBC, it scares the crap out of me that we have this kind of thing going on this day and age. I'm sick with disgust that this kind of thing stems from nothing more than pure greed.

I look at the country of origin on EVERYTHING I buy these days. From tooth paste to hair care products to where my can of tuna is from to my feminine products and yes even my scrapbooking supplies! So, unless it's something that I just HAVE to have and I'm unable to find a suitable substitute (even at a higher price), I'm sticking to my guns in my refusal to buy anything made in China!

No comments: