INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, September 07, 2008

My Scrapbook Nook

It's never easy deciding how to rearrange a room and is even worse when trying to decide how to rearrange items in a scrapbooking room. What items will you keep ,what will you donate, and what items will go directly into the trash bin. I thought long and hard about donating my years worth of scrapbooking magazines to the base Thrift Shop. Then after mulling over the idea in my head for a while I've decided to just deposit them to our neighborhood recycling bin. I figure that I'd only be enabling others to become packrats and thus straight to the recycle bin they go! There's so much to be gotten off of the internet these days, why clutter my scrapbook nook up any longer with magazines. I'm surprised that magazines like Creating Keepsakes, BH&G Scrapbook Etc and Simple Scrapbooks don't all offer an on-line subscription- it would be the way to have companies like that "GO GREEN". Heck I'd be more interested in having an on-line only subscription. As it is, ALL of my scrapbooking trash is recycled, plastic and paper going to their respective recycling containers.

I'm here to challenge others to donate their huge piles of scrapbooking "left overs" to worthy causes. I've got these 2 gallon zip lock bags that are stuffed full in every color of cardstock under the sun. Every few months I pull it out and stuff even more scraps into them. To be honest, I but rarely ever go looking in those baggies, so off they go to where they will do the most good. Partly used packages of embellishments from left over page kits- donate them to a local children's organization (you couldn't find more appreciative recipients). So I not only reduce my stash and clear out items that are just taking space I'm also enabling young children to use their imaginations and be creative.

My scrapbook nook is a HUGE mess at the moment as I have pulled out everything from the cupboards and cabinets. I'm looking through everything, pulling out items I know that in all honesty probably won't use. Now for some strange reason I'm still holding onto all of my Fiskars decorative scissors- can anyone please tell me why I'm doing that? There are some things I still hold on to for unknown reasons. That will be among the last things I go through- my box of decorative scissors. Glass Beads, I have every type and color of glass beads under the sun! What on earth and I going to do with all of them? I suppose that I could incorporate them into my counted cross stitching projects more often (I make myself laugh with that thought). Once my daughter Hannah sees that box of beads I know exactly where they're going---to her personal little crafting nook, along with the elastic cording and a few other little things like the beading tray and tweezers. I should set up a "beading party" for her - she could invite her friends to come over and they could create earrings, necklaces, bracelets and what ever. Oh yes, that's an excellent idea!

I'm off to make my little girl and other peoples little girls very happy and at the same time reduce the size of my crafting stash!

No comments: