INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, September 27, 2008

what's in your mail box?

You would tend to think that with the cost of postage and other things that I'd have less junk mail- oh no that is NOT the case! I have more junk mail coming to my mail box these days than regular mail. Besides the tons of sales advertisements for stores that aren't even in this area, I get other off the wall junk mailings. Here's an example-The house directly across the street from ours is up for sale- so what does that dork realtor do? She sends us a postcard letting us know that it's for sale. Um hello, it's not as if we can't see that every time any of us steps out side or open the blinds? LOL! And no offense, but does anyone really want "family" living right across the street from them? I know that as much as I love my mother, I know that she would drive me crazy living right across the street from me :-o

I'm trying to get the neighborhood to "go green" and reduce the amount of newsletter that need to be printed and delivered. Getting them to give me their e-mails is almost like pulling teeth. but today I did manage to get some more at our meeting today with a sign up sheet. Our HOA meeting was a little over 2 hours long, but we were able to get a great deal of stuff accomplished. We've agreed to go to quarterly meetings which will be nice. And we have other topics that we've tabled for now and have agreed to meet again before November 1st.

I'm feeling pretty tired now, LOL! Heck, I've been up since a little before 4 am, I think that I'm going to try to get a nap before I fall flat on my face from sheer exhaustion.

No comments: