INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Braving the crowds

I did it...I braved the crowds this morning all in order to take part of a sale at our local Base Exchange. I thought that the store opened at 7am but alas I was wrong and it opened at 8am. I thought that I had timed myself just right, to walk in and grab what I wanted on sale, stand in line to pay for it then go back home. I was pleasantly surprised to receive a $20 for my time waiting in line to get into the store. I was able to get everything I had on my list and a couple of extra goodies at an additional savings.

Now I did see some people getting ugly with the sales help- in my honest opinion there's no cause for that at all! They are there doing there job and sometimes the computers do lock up. I was patient and told the sales clerk that it was okay, that I could wait for her manager to fix the register and for her to go ahead and help other customers. She smiled at me and said "really?" I replied "yes of course, it's not your fault the register is acting up", there was a look of relief that washed across her face and she thanked me. A few short minutes later the computer issues were resolved and I was able to make my purchase. I was thanked again by the floor manager for being so nice to her and the sales clerk and being patient while waiting. Life's too short to be mean when things that are out of your control go wrong, plus I figure that good karma will come back to me. Little did I know that the good karma would come back to me sooner than I thought :-) While the store was packed with shoppers I had in the back of my mind thought about the little alarm clock that I wanted to buy for my husband and kids. Their little i-pods sit in them, it plays tunes AND is an alarm clock. I thought that this would be a nice item for my husband to have when he's on a deployment. My kids...well, it's just nice to have in general. The price was fantastic! I was able to get the early bird special plus an additional $20 off! The clerk at that register also thanked me for being so patient and being so nice to her while in line. Wow they were only open for an hour and people were being mean and crabby already, sheesh! Pushing and shoving went on over in the electronic department over the sale TVs and others were trying to cheat at get more gift cards then they were entitled to (one per family, period). I guess that Christmas brings out the nasty in some and the very best in others...I like to think that Christmas brings out the best in me.

I'm home now, doing some on line shopping, taking care of my sick child. Our house guests left more than some nice thank you gifts, they also happened to leave us with some icky tummy bug germs, LOL!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Sounds like a fun filled Holiday. Hope you all get to feeling better!

Sandie said...

Hannah spent yesterday with a fever and vomiting, for me it was the other end :-( We're both feeling better today :-)