INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Monday, November 12, 2007

Lets do Lunch!

Once a month I schedule a lunch bunch get together. That's where a group of us meet up and have lunch out in town. Our rule is simple - No chain restaurants, just small local establishments. I picked out Curry Masala, an Indian restaurant. Ever since having Indian cuisine while in England I can't get it out of my head! The food was so delicious. Then my girlfriend Rohini made Butter Chicken and Curried Chickpeas for a get together at her home this summer...talk about Heaven on Earth!

So we (Hannah and me) get to Curry Masala and I meet up with my girlfriend Irene. Apparently no one else can make it today (school was out today and most of our spouses were off from work). So Irene and I spent out time talking about....FOOD and cooking! I can't tell you how excited I was to be talking with another "foodie". We talked about cheeses, the woman makes me want to have a cheese tasting party! I can only imagine how wonderful it must have been to have 2 back to back European assignments...just for the food and wine! We had the best laughs at comparing stories of what foods we think are simple to whip up but tend to WOW our friends. I found out that even though our up bringing was a bit different (she has a Filipino Mom and my mom is German) we still experienced some of the same things...Americanized dishes. Irene's story about spaghetti with the sauce served mixed together with the pasta and sometimes with bits of hot dog almost made me pee myself from laughing! I had no idea that other people on the planet did that- I just thought my mom was being weird. Even Hannah had a good time, laughing right along with us. I think that she now knows that she's got it pretty darn good in the food department here at home.

My recommendation for this week...have lunch with a friend. She doesn't have to be an old friend, a new friend will do very well and with time...they turn into old friends :-) What a wonderful thought indeed!

No comments: