INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Laughter every day keeps the gloomies away


I laugh every day...do you? There is truth to the quote from Bill Nye if you stop and really think about it...you'll see the humor.





Last night I felt as if yesterday was a wasted day...spent waiting for a phone call that never happened and waiting for the drywall contractor that never showed up. I did manage to finally finish a layout, pulled paper cardstock and some photo's to start on a few more layouts. Although for one layout I want to use fall colors and haven't a clue as to what pictures I'm going to use on it...I'll find one today :-) I was able to get a couple of loads of laundry done, got the house picked up and took a nap...as I look back and reflect on what I accomplished, that it really wasn't a wasted day after all.








I found a picture of myself with dark hair...there's a story behind it. I had made my hair dark for a function where I dressed up as Audrey Hepburn's' character Holly Golightly from the movie "Breakfast at Tiffany's". I decided that I liked it and kept it that way for a year. I'd have to go to the hair dresser every few weeks and have highlights/low lights and roots & such touched up as my hair grew. Then I went to a "new" hair dresser as mine had moved out of state. She took it upon herself to "update my do". Next thing I know, my hair was ultra dark with the ends tipped in BLACK. Needless to say I was horrified, but there wasn't enough time for me to have anything done to it before I flew out to Boston for CKU-Masters. I had my husband cut off the black ends (it was about 3 inches of hair that had to be cut off). So there I was with really dark hair, feeling as if I was in the witness protection program and having a cow every time I saw myself in the mirror because I didn't recognize myself. I had not scrapped a single picture from that event because I didn't like the pictures of myself. But today I decided that I'm going to scrap the picture that Becky Higgins took of me, I like the picture, it's a good picture it's just my hair color that I don't like, and how some of the shadows fell upon my face. So with that in mind I'm going to journal about the updated do and go from there. And after I returned from my trip it was within the week that I was back to being a blonde and feeling like myself again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look MARLEVOUS, darling, both ways!

When I met you, wasn't it sort of auburn/golden brown? I loved that too!

Sandie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandie said...

alright I have to stop and think...which Liz is this? Liz M or Liz V? If it's Liz M then yes it was a golden auburn sort of color (my almost natural color)

Either Liz...I love you both dearly!