INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Can I laugh yet?

I admit it, I'm an information junkie. My nightstand has no less than 5 novels, all half read. Then there's the 20 different magazines, most of those have been read cover to cover and lie in a heap on the floor in front of my nightstand. So here I am every morning reading news stories for no less than 4 different sources. So when I come across and article that leaves me with a smirk on my face I do have to ask...Can I laugh yet?
Over on the MSNBC website I came across an article about some person who started a website devoted to complaining about ones neighbors. I'm sorry but I have to roll my eyes with this one. So I grab another cup of coffee and head out to read this article. Now I do see where this could have started off as being something with good intentions - a website to locate information on a neighborhood or area in which you are interested into buying a home. And as we all know...buying a home is a major investment and those buying homes want to be moving into a nice neighborhood. But I also can see this as being some sort of mean and vindictive way of posting fabricated crap about your neighbors and the goings on in your particular neighborhood. Then again you could post lies about people and not even live in the neighborhood. My advice is to look at the houses next door, down the street and around the corner to the house that you want to buy. If there are 4 cars up on blocks in the drive way or front yard... that's a pretty good indication that you just might not want to buy in that neighborhood, unless you too plan on having cars on blocks then it would be a perfect location for you. Make your own assessments, bring in others, be it friends or professional people those of which will tell you the truth and have them do an evaluation of the property and the surrounding area. And best of all, don't judge the neighbors until YOU actually meet them!

No comments: