INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Having Faith

We pray that our children are born healthy and will have happy and productive lives. But sometimes God has other plans for them and for us. It becomes a question of faith...will he heal them? Will he heal us? You've got to believe deep down in your soul that he will.

When your husband/wife/daughter/son is deployed do you pray? Is that the only time you pray? Or do you always say a prayer for their continued safety while there and their safe return home?

Next month is the 1 year anniversary of our Daughters reconstructive surgery on her ears. It took me nearly a year to finally get it approved from our insurance, to prove that she had a congenital birth defect. This is something that is hard for me to write about- as we as mothers want our children to be born perfect. Sometimes we have to fight for our children and trust me it was a fight! Sometimes it's about their self esteem and that to me is important enough to fight for. Hannah exudes so much more self confidence. She's no longer afraid that children (and they can be cruel) would point at her ears and secretly giggle or worse laugh in front of her.

I say prayers every day for the health and well being of my friends and family. For myself I pray for grace, guidance and patience, to be able to lend a helping hand where I can. I pray that I can be a guiding light to those that have lost their way, that I can be a beacon of hope to those that are feeling hopeless or are in despair. My job description changes on a daily basis, and I'm fine with that. I pray that I am able to comfort those that are having a difficult time during a deployment, that they are able to get up and take care of themselves...but are also not afraid to ask for help when they need it.

So...do you have it? Do you have Faith? Faith in God? Faith in yourself?

No comments: