INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Wednesday's big push

My girlfriend Susan and her family will be here this evening...Eeek! Half of the desserts are done, the other half are going to be cooked this today. Hannah wants to make the lattice work for the apple pie so I will hold off on making it until this afternoon. The sweet potatoes are about to go into the oven to bake for an hour or so. The garlic mashed potatoes will also be made this after noon, it's all coming together.

Now about the sewing machine...it's a goner folks! My husband took it apart and checked it out and it's the drive shaft. It'll cost me more to have it fixed than it will to buy a new one. I do not have time to go out and get a new sewing machine. And personally speaking did I want a new sewing machine for Christmas? NO! If I do this (shop for a new machine), I'll do it when I have a bit more time. Now for me to hand sew the valance-ugh! You know what though...I have some scrapbooking adhesive that just might to the trick. I'm going to look into that right after the kids go off to school.

Yup it's now the big push to make it all come together. I have to make a last minute run to the grocery store (it opens at 9am). So I'm going to run run run as fast as I can today.

No comments: