INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Friday, November 09, 2007

Recalls

Here we go again with another recall of something made in China. This recall really has me freaked out. By simply ingesting one of more of the toy beads to this game a chemical change occurs and turns the coating of these beads into the chemical compound known as the Date Rape drug - gamma hydroxy butyrate. Now how many freaks out there were running to buy the game once that announcement had been made? That's a real scary thought now isn't it? No one's mentioned that side of this recall.

From items like pet food that killed hundreds of pets here in the USA and Canada to the toothpaste with antifreeze in it and frozen fish with excessively high levels of lead and other toxins (again effecting the same 2 countries). I don't know about you, but my family is worth me taking a couple of minutes to read the label and find the country of origin. If it's food or personal hygiene items and they're made in China...I'm not buying it period! We get so tied up in buying from the big discount chains that we look at only one thing...Price. When we should be looking at other factors like where it's made and reading what is exactly in those products. I take the time to see that everything I buy is made in the US but there are many other personal items and food items out there that are made in other countries. Saving a buck or two is not worth the health risk of any one of my family members...is it of yours?

No comments: