INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Hats, Scarves and Gloves...

Being that it's currently 23º outside but yet it feels like 7º yes I'd think it was safe to say that it IS rather nippy outside! It's the perfect sweater weather! Unlike most of my girlfriends, I like to wear several layers of clothing...camisole, t-shirt, turtleneck and then the sweater. Nothing keeps you warm like layers and you can also peel them off when you get too warm. Same goes for pants. Did you know that you can get flannel lined jeans? They are great for winter weather! LL Bean has these and they are sweet!
Being in South Dakota for a while now, I've noticed something...people here don't wear hats like they do in New England. A lot of women here are pretty darn vain when it comes to their hair. I have to laugh when I think about that one, it's windy here ALL of the time- trust me your hair is never going to look really good unless you stick your head in a bubble when you go out of doors, LOL! Myself, I love hats! If it's cold outside you can be pretty sure that I'm going to have on some sort of hat that covers my ears.
Scarves- yet another item not seen being worn out here in the Midwest. Yes this is another essential piece of winter wear, it keeps the wind from blasting through the teeth of the zipper in your coat! It also adds a bit of flare to what ever you happen to be wearing that day :)
Gloves-I've always worn gloves when it's cold outside. I've seen how dried out and weather beaten some women's and men's hands look- eeew! Dried, scaly, blotchy, red and even cracked and bleeding. Nope, that is not what I want for my hands, it just looks awfully painful! When it's exceptionally cold I wear thinsulate lined mittens. It's actually better for you to have all of your fingers together when it's really cold outside.
Sunscreen/Sunglasses- I wear sunscreen all year round. Just because it's winter time doesn't mean that the sun is less effective at giving you a sunburn when the conditions are right. When the sunlight reflects off of the snow it can wreck havoc on your skin. There's nothing worse than a winter sunburn. Sunglasses are another year round essential item. I always have a spare pair or two of inexpensive sunglasses tucked into my glove compartment. Squinting because of the suns glare is dangerous while driving, not to mention it'll make you have crows feet! Protect your eyes! Wear sunglasses!

So with all of that in mind...the question is this-

Do you dress properly when you go out of doors? Are you wearing the right kind of winter wear for your area?

No comments: