INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Our 2007 OSC Charity Auction...

The theme was Lights, Camera, Auction. It was a HUGE success! The place was beautiful! Dannie did a lovely job in getting the place decorated and Cindy...oh Cindy was able to pull the entire theme together and make the place come alive! The items were displayed beautifully, making each and every one eye catching! I've saved a couple of the programs to have for my scrapbook :-) I can tell that everyone who was on auction committee worked very hard. I won't go through and name them all, but every single person involved did and outstanding job! The table center pieces had reels of film with small Oscar statues in the middle, the gold fabric that seems to like like it was waving in the wind looked like a bit of Hollywood. We even had the Hollywood sign on a hillside back drop...one words sums it up "Brilliant"!

The bidding was crazy! The live auction was fast paced and it was amazing!You really did have to be paying attention to what the auctioneer was saying because before you knew it something that you had thought was $80 was suddenly $180- yikes! These auctioneers knew their stuff and they were awesome! They kept us excited and ready to bid!

So many wonderful items were donated from residents and businesses here in the Black Hills community. Without their continued support we could not have pulled off our charity auction off. For this I say Thank You!

Many squadrons from around the base put together gift baskets. The 34th Bomb Squadrons' wine tasting party netted $750 for the auction. The 26" flat panel TV donated by Sound Pro netted $925- WOW! There was a progressive dinner for 10 on the auction block that is being hosted by the Group Commanders...that went for $350! I'm happy to say that my husband and I are part of that party of 10 folks who won the dinner!

My girlfriend Kristi makes these phenomenally yummy gourmet liquor brownies- they are the BEST!!! Her brownies sold for $100... bought by our good friend Gail who shared them with our table :-)


Speaking of desserts...my desserts were placed on live auction, my 3 layer chocolate torte sold for $120 and my Classic New York Cheesecake sold for $70- I'm speechless! To think that we can raise money like that from baking yummy things that makes your mouth smile- WOW!

There were many items donated by military and non-military families...
Our good friends the Greenlee's donated a travel cooler and it generated $100 for the auction, my friend Peggy donated a basket of goodies from Stampin Up... it went for well over $100! My friend Irene donated some Polish Pottery-I was out bid numerous times on it, LOL! Did I end up with it? No, LOL! The oak coin case that my husband and I donated sold for $120. I'm glad that these items made as much as they did...all of the proceeds go towards collage scholarships for the dependents (children & spouses) of active duty and retired military members.

Now you're probably wondering...did Sandie get anything from this auction? Why yes, yes I did! I did manage to get an item from the fast moving silent auction, it was a metal sign #S28 Jurassic Park (I love it) donated by Inspire Me Card Kits Co., it has a dinosaur on it and a cute saying... Think Big, instinct is natural...follow your heart. And I also have my future Christmas Present...item #L45 "As Good as it Gets" (everything is listed as movie titles). I won't tell you how much we paid but I will list what was in the package....a Dooney and Burke black leather handbag (a big one too), a Guess silver ladies Watch, RayBan Sunglasses, and an I-Pod Nano, wooohooo!!!! Merry Christmas to me!

I'm not sure on how much money was generated from the auction, I'm sure that I'll get the numbers in the next few days and let you all know :-)

Everyone I came across told me what a lovely evening it was. I wish that you all could have been there, for it truly was a night to remember!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Wahoooooooooo! Looks great!