INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Some weekend blogging...

Why is it that everyone in my family can sleep like there is no tomorrow and I can't? So I've been productive in my waking hours...setting the clocks back an hour (there I go...giving more sleep time to the rest of my family), tidying up the kitchen and dining room. I've even written a letter to my sister Angie. I like the quiet of the early morning, to me it's the most peaceful time of day.

I received an e-mail from Cindy...our Auction netted over $15,760 plus $1,500 from the jail. Did I mention that I got put into jail 3 times? What was with that? I suppose that's what happens when people get to know you, they want to put you in the poky! :-) All of the funds generated from the auction (and jail) go towards such a great cause...our OSC scholarship fund.

As I'm pouring over my latest issue of Cooks Illustrated I'm finding out all sorts of things! The baking sheet article was fantastic! For years I've blame the stove for the burnt cookies but now knowing what I do about baking sheets, cookie sheets and jelly roll pans...well those over priced thin pans are out the door! It's the heavy duty commercial grade food service pans for me from now on! Currently I'm reading up on a taste test comparison that CI did on Turkeys. All I have to say is that it's Very Interesting! I knew some of the stuff that they talk about in this cooking comparison and there's even more that I didn't know about. For anyone who really wants to know/learn more about food, cooking tools and techniques...this magazine is the one to read! There are NO advertisements, just very well written and researched articles.

The weather is fluctuating...some days are very warm and other days are down right bitterly cold. We had the warmest Halloween in 5 years, so why not some more weird weather? Today's high is supposed to get to 66º, um yes I'd say that it's unseasonably warm for this time of year. Time to get some extra mulch down on the plants before the first snow- which will probably happen some time this month.

No comments: